Prayer Focus: The island of Zanzibar is 90-95% Islamic and they need Jesus (like most of the world does).
It's so heartbreaking for me to continually meet incredible people w/amazing callings and potential who if saved, would carry great influence for Jesus Christ....but are stuck in their Islamic beliefs, living their lives praying to and living to please a "god" that will never satisfy their heart's deepest longings, and will ALWAYS leave them dry and empty.....believing that if they "just do a little more...pray a little more" they're life will be better. It's heartbreaking because I want SO badly to beg them to trust in Jesus, to turn away from their families religion and ask Jesus to show Himself to them... But I have to, in this place of desperation to see them give their hearts to Jesus, pray that they will find Him and give my burden each moment to Him. If it hurts me the way it does, I can't even imagine how badly our Father's heart hurts to see the ones He created for His own special plans and purposes, turn from Him....and serve and believe in something that will never talk back to them. Please pray for these ones who grow up believing a lie because that's how they are raised, it's such a strong pull on them, but there is Hope...because Our God is Greater, He's Alive!
THE MASAAI VILLAGE....

This that you see is the Maasai Village in which this tribe that Mary has come to know and minister to live. These mud huts are their homes. These guys honestly look very intimidating because they dress very different than what we are used to seeing, and they all have spears at their sides, but once you talk with them, or just hang out with them, they open up and are so sweet!
I don't know exactly how to explain this man covered all up in red to you, but I'll do my best!! :-) This man would walk RIGHT behind me as I was taking pictures and would look into my camera....when I would notice him, he would turn around quickly and walk off. I tried taking pictures of him because I thought he was playing a game with me, (and of course because of how he was all covered up so silly looking!!!) but that was a HUGE no-no!! (as you can see I snuck some anyway when he wasn't looking!) He got his cane that you see in this picture, and started swatting it at me, YIKES!! Then as we were in a circle with the tribe dancing and singing, he makes eye contact w/me from the other side, and then he CHARGES at me, I freaked out and ran behind one of the guys that were w/us. Craziness!! At the end of our time there, he came up to me and tapped me until I gave him my attention, and he pointed at my camera w/out saying a word....motioning that I could take a picture w/him....so Mary took our picture, and then he tried kissing me on my cheek!! It was the funniest thing ever, I got away QUICK! haha!!!
This is a picture of Pastor Isaac. He is a Maasai who is from this village, has been discipled by Peter and Mary's ministry, and has decided to stay living with his wife in this village to minister to these ones and lead them to the Lord.
We had such a great time with them as two world's collided into one as we all joined together in dancing and singing and laughing. Mary spoke to them on a continuing message about the power of the Holy Spirit...28 of them recieved Jesus before we left, we had a great prayer time with them praying for healings and more of the Holy Spirit in their lives! C'mon Jesus!!! A prayer request is that one woman we prayed for had recently been raped by her grandfather and is pregnant with his baby....she is dealing with unforgiveness and it seems to be keeping her from all the Lord has for her, please pray w/me for the Lord to heal everything in her and restore to her what the enemy has stolen. Her husband is a witch doctor and although it seems she wanted Jesus, she's dealing with alot of warfare as you can imagine.




Here mom and I are standing in front of Pastor Isaac's home. After we hung out with them for the afternoon, they prepared a meal for us inside of their home. It was so special, they also had cokes for us which they went out and bought with the little money they have. It was so sweet.
More Emmanuel Center Photos:


.jpg)
The boys danced for us and performed a drama that they wrote. We presented them with the other NoteWorthy guitar....we gave it to a guy named John in the orange shirt (Mary has been teaching him guitar, so now he has one of his own to practice with, along with teaching the others!) This month I plan to spend time teaching some of them guitar as well!
Mom has also created a blog with her thoughts and pictures from our time here...it's: www.cherylflook.blogspot.com
.jpg)

Hey Georgia, I love seeing the pictures and reading about what is going on. It is a totally different world there and some of the things are spirtual, some natural but God not only protects you in all he also has prepared you for this very time. You are a blessing to those you meet and you offer them what they can not buy.
ReplyDeleteLove you