Saturday, August 1, 2009

Expression of Love



I'm so incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to be here in Africa. I've been here almost 5 1/2 weeks yet it still hasn't sunk in that I'm here, way across the world from what I know as home. I'm honored that the Lord saw fit for me to be here, He always has my best interests in mind, I just have to learn to trust Him more!

These are a few pictures from an outreach we had in a community here a few days ago. The children came out the most, about 150 of them!, and oh my, what an incredible time I had with them! I became a kid all over again! lol :-) While one of the girls on our team was preaching, I had about 5 kids holding each hand. It was the sweetest thing how they just wanted to be loved so much, and also loved on me as well. They would just play with my hair and count the freckles on my arms.

Me and my friend April were having to get SO creative on making up fun dances for these kids to have things to do!!! At one point I just started running from one part of the bumpy, dirt road to the next, and all these kids started running with me. I was SO out of breath, (because I'm SO out of shape!! haha), but they wanted to run more and more! We did of course....and I fell. And fell hard! One boy fell in front of me while I was running, and I tripped over his leg. YES, I am all bruised up! But it was SO worth it to see the kids reactions to my fall. The looks on the faces of the children when they realized I was hurt was the sweetest thing. They no longer cared about playing and running, but cared more about making sure I was o.k. and clean. They demanded on wiping the dirt off my skirt with their hands and when they saw dirt caked on the inside of my hands, they quickly wiped them off with theirs. The expression of love from them towards me was almost unbearable...I wanted in that moment all time to stand still so that I could have taken in all that was going on. I could have wept for hours. They have literally almost nothing, (their toys consist of sticks with tires), yet so much love in their hearts...

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this story touches my heart, I know yours must have been going from A to Z through the emotions. Sounds like the children were just totally happy that someone was taking time to be just with them. That someone cared enough to do this simple thing and expect nothing back.

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Georgia...I am so sorry you have bo bos! It is such a blessing to see and read about all of the Godly encounters u r having there. Luv u!- Daphne

    ReplyDelete