Thank you everyone that prayed and kept up with my time over in Africa. It's such a difference to be there one day, and the next, back to life in the States. So very different. It's funny, I find myself driving with extreme caution and getting honked at to GO!!, (and for those that know me at all, you know that's bigtime for me!! ha), but the driving is just so incredibly crazy over in Tanzania. Funny story - I was at dinner with one of my girlfriends the other night, and as we were preparing to leave, I said without realizing it, "Girl...aren't you going to take the rest of your food home?!?" It was funny because there wasn't really that much left, yet I was so in the mindset of being in a third world country and seeing the poverty there. When I realized what I had said, I said "I'm so sorry, don't worry about taking that home if you don't want....it just came out of my mouth!!" We laughed and of course she ended up taking it home with her!! :-)
I find myself at a place I love....which is others centered, and I pray this is where I stay. There are times in my life more than others that I am in this place, and it's the best place to be. Really in giving is where we recieve. There's so much joy found in giving-giving yourself, your time, money, smiles, words of encouragement, prayers etc... People are waiting. We don't have to go away to give of ourselves, or to feel like we've been on the mission field, the mission field is wherever the Lord has us. Lord help us to realize Your mission field for our lives in the place that You have us and have called us to live.
Have a blessed day and thanks again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I want everyone out there to know that Africa is wonderful the way it is. The poverty in Africa is a notion of the mind. The reality is that Africa is rich, very rich and plentious in all resources. Our greatest poverty lies in the people who come to Africa and want Africa to be like the United states. Africa is Africa. Thats what makes it different. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there are times when African visitors do not see that our poverty is as a result of the way the world order is. Africa does not control its resources. It does not control trade, infact it is a victim of an order that has its roots outside Africa but somewhere in the so called first world. We believe in maximisation of everything no wonder we carry food from restaurants to our homes. We have a spirit of sharing and we know so well how others may enjoy what we would have had at the restaurant. AFRCA IS VERY RICH.
ReplyDelete